Conditionals in FreeRadius

Tom Cooper tcooper at fnb.co.za
Thu Oct 2 08:47:59 CEST 2008

Hi All,
We have ADSL users to authenticate on freeradius which reads the user
info via an OpenLDAP server. Now when the user has used a certain amount
of data he must be flagged as blocked. His connection is disconnected
and upon reconnection he is assigned a different IP address with
restricted connectivity until he tops up his account. I can see that his
information needs to be changed in LDAP to maybe assign him to a
different uid, something like this:

uid=xxxxxx,dc=radius,dc=example,dc=com (Original)
changed to
uid=xxxxxx,dc=blocked,dc=radius,dc=example,dc=com.

My question is now how do I accomplish this, because on the client side
he will still try to authenticate as
uid=xxxxxx,dc=radius,dc=example,dc=com and I can not control what
credentials are sent?

Is it maybe better accomplished from freeradius than from LDAP? The
record needs to be changed in LDAP for our admin portal to make use of
this to check the client's status.

My radius version used is freeradius-1.1.3-1.2.el5

Regards,

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer at fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.