eap ttls certificate config

jehan procaccia jehan.procaccia at it-sudparis.eu
Thu Oct 2 12:21:42 CEST 2008

OK, I found why it cored-dump.
I though that CA_file and CA_path needed to be set seperatly.
so when setting CA_path I was commenting CA_file .
Now that both CA_file and CA_path directives are present in eap.conf, it
doesn't core-dump anymore.

Anyway, I found my real problem. It's from securew2 windows EAP-TTLs client
it doesn't support certificate above 2048 bits, and our 3 level CA chain
is composed of 3x4096bits CA certificate.
So securew2 was complaining about a wrong  certificate from freeradius,
beacause it could'nt read such a "large" bundle.

dixit securew2 mailing-list :
Tom Rixom wrote:
> At the moment sw2 supports certificate file sizes up to 2048.
> This will be upped in the next release candidate.
> As soon as we have a release candidate (hopefully end of this month)
> you can test it.
we are waiting for a securew2 new release to validate that .