FW: FreeRadius

Marcel Grandemange thavinci at thavinci.za.net
Thu Oct 2 12:39:38 CEST 2008

>No idea to be honest, im a novice.
>Many web-sites seem to advice using that and it works for the "most part"
>
>Eg.... http://cakeforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=631
>

>OK. It's wrong. That part of the expression counts time not octets. It
>handles sessions that started in one counting period and continue into
>next one. Data is counted properly without such additions. Delete it.

>query = "SELECT SUM(AcctInputOctets + AcctOutputOctets) FROM radacct
>WHERE UserName='%{%k}' AND UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime) +
>AcctSessionTime > '%b'"

Thank You, Will Try This!

>Remove "+ AcctSessionTime" if you don't want sessions that started in
>one counting period and continuing into the next one to count in the new
>one.

One counting period meaning beginning of month?

So it should be:

query = "SELECT SUM(AcctInputOctets + AcctOutputOctets) FROM radacct
WHERE UserName='%{%k}' AND UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime) > '%b'"

If I want to allow users say 1Gb per month limit that gets reset every
month.
(In other words no cary over of data)

And:
query = "SELECT SUM(AcctInputOctets + AcctOutputOctets) FROM radacct
WHERE UserName='%{%k}' AND UNIX_TIMESTAMP(AcctStartTime) +
AcctSessionTime > '%b'"

If I want them to be able to use there unused data from previous month + new
data limit?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge! Really appreciate the help though!