Checking NAS-Identifier in the radgroupcheck table

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Thu Oct 2 14:37:13 CEST 2008

>So, if I set the NAS-Identifier to "LMS2" (the one used by my chillispot
>portal), the condition NAS-Identifier == LMS2 matches, so radius puts me to
>the "hotel1" group. If it doesn't match (while using radtest command for
>example), it continues the login process, but considering that i don't own
>any group... So in my problem explained before, the user can log in even if
>he's not recognized as coming from the hotel he was expected to come from...
>What I would like to find is a way to allow a users to log in, only if they
>have been attributed to a group...

Ah, failed check in sql groups won't reject the user. It will just cause
group info to be ignored. This is to allow the user to be a member of
multiple groups - if he doesn't match one, then checks go on to next
one with lower priority etc.

Use radcheck for checks that should reject the user.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP