Conversion to Version 2

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Sun Oct 5 22:18:03 CEST 2008

I have been using FreeRadius 1.x for a number of years.  It has worked
just fine.  All I am using it for is to authenticate and authorize
dial-in users (its about as simple as you can get).  The only unusual
item is I have a couple of fairly complex modules for authorization
and accounting.  The question is should I bother to upgrade to 2.x.  I
don't have a need for any of the new features it provides.  I don't
even use most of the features in 1.x.  My largest concern is the
modules.  I don't recall seeing anything here about what changes would
be required for them other than I believe they have to be compiled
with the server.  Currently the modules are compiled separately and
placed in /usr/local/lib and everything just works.