finally its working, but still no authentication againts AD

luis a luis.azunet at yahoo.es
Tue Oct 7 21:03:01 CEST 2008

--- El mar, 7/10/08, tnt at kalik.net <tnt at kalik.net> escribió:
De: tnt at kalik.net <tnt at kalik.net>
Asunto: Re: finally its working, but still no authentication againts AD
Para: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org
Fecha: martes, 7 octubre, 2008 6:56

>finally my freeradius its working following all the steps from
>http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html

That tells you to use Cleartext-Password.

>but i have the same issue
>check my radius debug ,

And you have used...

>[pap] login attempt with password "test"
>[pap] Using CRYPT encryption.
>[pap] Passwords don't match
if i disable pap i believe freeradius is not going to run
besides in the manual there is no places talling that enable or disable pap
or mschap :-/

anyway i have a coin to show

as the manual said ----

Start the server and use a test client to send an MS-CHAP
authentication request.  The radclient cannot currently
be used to send this request, unfortunately, which makes testing a
little difficult If everything goes well

-------

i believe everything is going well , but what client i have to use to test if mschap with AD succefully
is working as the guide ?.

thanks for read .
Luis

Is it that difficult to follow instructions? What possesses you to do
things you haven't been told.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP

-