FreeRADIUS and EDUROAM timeout issues

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Oct 9 19:16:10 CEST 2008

Hi,

>   This still means that requests will be sent to that home server,even
> if they're for an upstream realm that's dead.  If there are multiple
> paths to the upstream realm, then those other paths won't be discovered.
>
>   But there is no RADIUS "routing protocol"[1].  So that's that.

s'funny that you should mention that - what with a hierarchical system.
I thought it would be neat if a downstream system could notify the upstream
about what realms it could deal with and - via a trusted and encrypted
channel - thus no more manually adding new records to higher tiers
for new realms dealt with.. much like advertising routing space via
BGP or OSPF

still. that'd be a new RFC for sure ! :-)

alan