EAP-TTLS with LDAP and KRB5?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 15 07:47:48 CEST 2008

Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
> using 1.1.7 (forgive me)

  And we say... upgrade.  :)  It will make solving this problem easier.

> I have EAP-TTLS working from the files module and I have krb5
> athentication working with ldap authorization fro radtest, but when I
> try EAP-TTLS as an ldap user I fail to connect, and the sever never
> seems to try the krb5 module.

  You will need to put something like this in the "users" file:

DEFAULT	FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To == 127.0.0.1, Auth-Type := Kerberos

> Before I start pulling my hair out is even possible?

  Yes.  IF the inner tunnel session contains a cleartext password.  CHAP
won't work, and neither will MS-CHAP.