GCC

Casartello, Thomas tcasartello at wsc.ma.edu
Thu Oct 16 14:44:44 CEST 2008

I'm going to wait and see if it "fixes itself" in Fedora 10. The version I'm working with now is 2.1.1. Then I may report a bug to Fedora. If I do I'll mention it on this listserv. The issues I've seen on Fedora 9 are:

- Grabbed a random port when starting up (this was with the early 2.0 version can't remember which and was fixed in a new release)
- When trying to use PEAP with ms-chapv2 it doesn't work correctly. When you type a password incorrectly then it will return the access-reject, but when you do it correctly it never sends the access-accept. I was able to get it to work a couple times but it would always stop working. I can't explain why it's doing this, it's the most bizarre thing. It does it with every version of freeradius including the old 1 releases. (I'm using 2.1.1.) I've tried it on  several Fedora 9 machines as well and installed from both source and RPM. I figured it was actually due to a change in either GCC or some library causing the problem. If anyone wants proof I'd be happy to setup my test server for someone to access over SSH and see what happens.