Help on Users file, Group name and Pool-Name

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Thu Oct 16 16:17:04 CEST 2008

>It seems we need a comma at the end of the line which is not right for check
>items. So instead of doing that, I changed the sentenses to the following,
>in "users" file:
>

>DEFAULT   Group := "doctor", Pool-Name := "julienne"
>

>DEFAULT   Group := "dentist", Pool-Name := "netplus"
>
>                     Group := "staff", Pool-Name := "staffnet"
>

>This time everything works just fine. I successfully execute Freeradius, and
>for every user in either of the three groups, Freeradius uses proper
>Pool-Name to fine IP pool, and user gets a proper IP address falling into
>that pool.

Surprising, since that is still very wrong. Users file entry should look
like this:

username   check_item,check_item     #   <== no trailing comma
                   reply_item,                       #   <== has trailing
comma
                   reply_item,                       #   <== you can have
more
                   reply_item                        #   <== no comma at
the end

You can also leave out all check or reply items.

Since you did put := for group in the first DEFAULT line all users should
end up in pool julienne. BTW attribute for matching sql groups should be
SQL-Group.

On the other hand - why is this in users file? Why didn't you put
Pool-Name in radgroupcheck?

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP