EAP bypass

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Oct 20 10:58:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

> If this is a wired port then just force an Access-Accept, yes it breaks
> the RFC but if your NAS doesn't inspect the contents of the EAP-Message
> then it'll work.

Well... a sane supplicant, be it on a wireless or wired port, will
maintain its EAP state machine, and will alert the user if the state
machine was violated, right? So if the NAS gets and sends on a
EAPoL-Success out of order, client gear will yell. Or did I get you wrong?

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche