understanding FreeRADIUS

Tom D. Davidson me at tomdavidson.org
Mon Oct 20 17:45:38 CEST 2008

@Ivan:
> Only if you are using freeradius files to store attributes. If they are
> in the sql database or ldap - updated values will be returned on the
> next connection (you can't upgrade currently connected user).
OK that is more understandable. For a bit there I  thought the FR
server would have to be reloaded to read the update. Connection has to
be restarted. Thank you for clarifying.

@Alan
>> Or the NAS would have to pull the new  settings?
> Er... the NAS doesn't read the server configuration files.
Copy that. I should have been more clear. I meant NAS pull new
settings from the FR server as in a connection  restart... Thank you
for the direction  with HUP, will look in to that more.

Does  VMPS support 802.1q-in-q?

thank you and kind regards, tom