PAM radius module and "Prompt" attribute.

ugengia-reg at yahoo.it ugengia-reg at yahoo.it
Wed Oct 22 15:32:49 CEST 2008

Hi All,
I'm using the pam_radius_auth 1.3.17 PAM service module and a RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 RADIUS server.

All is working well, but I found a problem when the PAM module receives an Access-Challenge.

Here is the problem: even if the RADIUS server sends a Prompt="No Echo" attribute, my PAM conversation function receives a PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_ON msg_style instead of a PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF.

As far as I know the Prompt attribute is not mandatory for RFC 2865 compliance, in fact this attribute is specified into RFC 2869 - Radius Extensions.

The question is: will the Prompt attribute be supported in a future release of the PAM service module?

Thanks,
Cesare

      Scopri il blog di Yahoo! Mail:
Trucchi, novità e scrivi la tua opinione.
http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog