Log partially solved

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 14:22:22 CET 2008

Hi, I am using freeradiusd 2.0.2

I have edited config files, so  radiusd.conf has:

---snip---
 detail auth_log {
       detailfile =
${radacctdir}/requests/%{Client-IP-Address}/auth-detail-%Y%m%d_%{EAP-Type}
#      detailfile = ${radacctdir}/%{Client-IP-Address}/auth-detail-%Y%m%d

      #
      #  This MUST be 0600, otherwise anyone can read
      #  the users passwords!
      # detailperm = 0600

      # You may also strip out passwords completely
      suppress {
          User-Password

---snip---

and /etc/raddb/sites-available/default has:

eap {
	ok = return
}
authorize {
	preprocess
	chap
	mschap
	suffix
	eap {
		ok = return
	}
	unix
	files
	ldap
	expiration
	logintime
	pap
	auth_log
}
authenticate {
	Auth-Type PAP {
		pap
	}
	Auth-Type CHAP {
		chap
	}
	Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
		mschap
	}
	unix
	Auth-Type LDAP {
		ldap
	}
	eap
}
preacct {
	preprocess
	acct_unique
	suffix
	files
}
accounting {
	detail
	unix
	radutmp
	attr_filter.accounting_response
}
session {
	radutmp
}
post-auth {
	Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
		attr_filter.access_reject
pre-proxy {
}
post-proxy {
	eap
}

Now, I get files log as follows:

-rw------- 1 radiusd radiusd    928 Oct 27 11:01 auth-detail-20081027_NAK
-rw------- 1 radiusd radiusd    411 Oct 27 11:01 auth-detail-20081027_MS-CHAP-V2
-rw------- 1 radiusd radiusd   6757 Oct 27 11:10 auth-detail-20081027_Identity
-rw------- 1 radiusd radiusd   1195 Oct 27 11:10 auth-detail-20081027_

But still, it says nothing if supplicant is using TTLS or PAP which is
what I'd like to see as filenames suffixes. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
Open Kairos http://www.openkairos.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
Sergio Belkin -