Hostapd-0.5.5 and freeradius-server-2.1.1

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Oct 28 11:37:03 CET 2008

>I saw that :
>rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host 10.1.1.254 port 32782, id=14,
>length=199
>Received Accounting-Request packet from 10.1.1.254 with invalid signature!
>(Shared secret is incorrect.) Dropping packet without response.
>Going to the next request
>Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
>Cleaning up request 26 ID 14 with timestamp +300
>Ready to process requests.
>
>But when I search on web, i found that secrets are not the same... hum, yes
>but they are !
>Or :
>http://www.mail-archive.com/freeradius-users@lists.cistron.nl/msg02421.html

Chances are: 99.9% - shared secret is different (retype it both in
clients.conf and hostapd konfiguration); 0.1% - crypto libraries on
radius or hostapd machine are corrupt.

>And if Hostap send bad request, I couldn't have data in radpostauth !?

Not until you fix the shared secret error. Get radtest or such test tool
working from the client machine and accounting will follow.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP