Freeradius not always denying invalid users

Chris Moss cmoss28 at vci.net
Wed Sep 3 15:48:35 CEST 2008

We've been running Freeradius for a long time without any issues. We
typically turn a customer off by changing the password in the passwd
file. We use the passwd file for authentication. The issue is
intermittent the customer is DSL so they will try to log in for a couple
of hours constantly before being allowed to connect. Once the connect
reseting their dsl connection forces them to login again. It will fail
at this point, like it's supposed to. First before I get into posting
any configs or that detail, has anyone else had similar problems?

Also, the logs sometimes show invalid shell with part of the passwd
file. Not necessarily the actual shell portion though. It may show the
home directory, or the shell, or even part of one of those such as
"/bin/fal"

--
Chris Moss