Dynamic Clients with FreeRADIUS

jasoneswan jasoneswan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:54:01 CEST 2008

aland wrote:

> jasoneswan wrote:
>> Has anyone gotten dynamic-clients working with freeradius yet? I'm trying
>> accept clients from ANY IP, then looks up the IP in sql 'nas' table to
>> see
>> if it exists
>
>    Dynamic clients have been tested, yes.
>
>   Can you post *specific* examples of what you're doing, why you think
> that should work, and what is going wrong?
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Hey alan, thank you for taking the time to reply...

I'm using sites-available/dynamic-clients config...

client dynamic {
ipaddr = 0.0.0.0
netmask = 0
dynamic_clients = dynamic_client_server
}

server dynamic_client_server {
authorize {
		if ("%{sql: SELECT nasname FROM nas WHERE nasname =
'%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}'}") {
			update control {
				FreeRADIUS-Client-Shortname = "%{sql: SELECT shortname FROM nas WHERE
nasname = '%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}'}"

				FreeRADIUS-Client-Secret = "%{sql: SELECT secret FROM nas WHERE nasname
= '%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}'}"

				FreeRADIUS-Client-NAS-Type = "%{sql: SELECT type FROM nas WHERE nasname
= '%{Packet-Src-IP-Address}'}"

		ok

What is happening is when a client connects it doesn't even check database
it simply says "unknown client"