FreeRadius2 + MySQL: NAS x Usergroup

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 9 10:11:29 CEST 2008

Carlos Eduardo Tavares Terra wrote:
> Sorry, but maybe I didn't understand how virtual servers really work.

  raddb/sites-available/README

  Each virtual server is a RADIUS server, just like in 1.x.  The only
difference is that you don't need to run multiple processes to get
multiple server configurations.
> I have separated into different virtual servers because each type of
> service have different modules implemented by me. In freeradius1 I was
> using the groupreply 'Exec-Program-Wait' and different radius servers
> for each service. In each server I have modified the sql querys

  i.e. in 1.x, you modified the SQL queries in the sql module
configuration, for each server.  i.e. you were running TWO different
instances of the SQL module.

  I think the problem is that you're trying to use only ONE instance of
the SQL module in 2.x.  Instead, do this in the "modules" section:

  sql sql1 {
	... content from 1.x server1, INCLUDING queries
    }

  sql sql2 {
	... content from 1.x server2, INCLUDING queries
    }

  Then, use "sql1" in the virtual server for server1, and "sql2" in the
virtual server for sql2.