another 2.1.0 compile error

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 9 19:24:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 16:53 +0100, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:

> yep, you havent got all the required development packages installed.
>
> libtool-ltdl-devel
> libtool-ltdl

Thanks, that was it. However, I discovered what I think is a bug in yum
in the process. I tried "yum list *ltdl*" and this failed to show these
packages; otherwise I might have found this myself. Even "yum list
libtool*" doesn't show them, I had to actually list libtool-ltdl-devel*
to see the devel package.

After this I ran into the previously-noted issue compiling radmin. In
Makefile.inc, define LIBREADLINE as "-lreadline -lncurses".

Another thing I discovered is that I have to remove the i386 versions of
several -devel packages, or I get errors about symbols in wrong format
when linking.

But I now have 2.1.0 compiled so I can work on setting up dynamic
clients, which is a feature we really need here since many of our
clients are DHCP-configured workstations.

Thanks for the help!

--Greg