another 2.1.0 compile error

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 10 15:36:12 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 08:20 +0100, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
>  would you prefer to have a nightly
> tarball of the files to be able to perform this function
> rather than having to be familiar with a revision control
> system which might not be present for your chosen platform?

All other things being equal: yes, it would be nice not to have to
install an entire revision control system just to fetch the most recent
version of the code. But my response to any sentence I hear that starts
out with "all other things being equal" is to say that all other things
are never equal. The developers already put a lot of time into something
that I benefit from, so I would never ask them for this or begrudge them
use of their revision control system of choice, given that waiting for
the next stable release is always an option.

--Greg