Fedora 9 EAP issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 15 17:33:32 CEST 2008

Casartello, Thomas wrote:
> I have two servers with identical configuration and identical versions
> of freeradius, one running Fedora 8, one running Fedora 9. The Fedora 8
> one works issueless, however with Fedora 9 I simply cannot get PEAP
> authentication to work with it. I am constantly getting this debug output:
> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 172.20.5.252 port 32769, id=4,
> length=194
> Sending duplicate reply to client chaplin-wism-a.wsc.ma.edu port 32769 -
> ID: 4

  You have a network interface with 2 IP addresses.  (i.e. aliases).
FreeRADIUS is receiving packets on the alias IP address, but sending

  Make FreeRADIUS listen on the alias IP (and not "*").  Or, enable
udpfromto via the "configure" script.  Once that's enabled, the server
will receive the destination IP of the RADIUS packet, and use that as
the source IP.