Radius users state

Sudarshan Soma sudarshan12s at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 08:51:24 CEST 2008

Thanks a lot Ivan.

Could you please correct me if the following are valid.

1. For determining session expiry, i can see the Reply-Message for
session timeout from rlm_expiration module. But for determining locked
users, i think rlm_unix doesnt pass RLM_MODULE_USERLOCK as part of
Reply-Message.

2. For determining if user named xyz  has typed wrong passwd and his
privilage level,  , i will keep /etc/raddb/users entry as

xyz Auth-Type := Reject , User-password =~ "*"
            Reply-Message = "Invalid passwd for xyz(level 2)."

I can parse Reply-Message to determine the privilage. Is this the
right way to determine the user privilage?

3. For determining if the user is  a valid radius user, i will keep
this entry at the end in the /etc/raddb/users :

DEFAULT Auth-Type := Reject
            Reply-Message = "Invalid user"

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan