Download/use luser error

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Thu Sep 18 18:26:29 CEST 2008

Hey all,

I am having a problem connecting to a Cisco 10k.  Here's the user:

user at wherever.com Password == "ctdn"
         Service-Type = Framed-User,
         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
         Context-Name = "wherever.com",
         Cisco-Account-Info = "Andtc_512",
         Cisco-AVPair = "ip:addr-pool=wherever",
         Cisco-AVPair = "ip:vrf-id=WHEREVER",
         Cisco-AVPair = "ip:ip-unnumbered=loopback 1",
         Cisco-AVPair = "subscriber:sg-service-type=primary"

When I test this, I get the following:

radtest user at wherever.com ctdn 127.0.0.1:1812 10 testing123
Sending Access-Request of id 183 to 127.0.0.1:1812
         User-Name = "user at wherever.com"
         User-Password = "ctdn"
         NAS-IP-Address = server
         NAS-Port = 10
rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host 127.0.0.1:1812, id=183, length=92
         Service-Type = Framed-User
         Framed-Protocol = PPP
         Context-Name = "wherever.com"
         Cisco-Account-Info = "Andtc_512"
         Cisco-AVPair = "ip:addr-pool=wherever"

Note that I don't get the last 3 "Cisco-AVPair" options.

OK, I am running Version 0.9.3... Big deal!  It's been working great for years until the network guy decided to change to the Cisco 10k.

Anticipating a flood of "Upgrade, stupid!" e-mails, I decided to upgrade, just to see if that would help.

So I downloaded the latest and greatest, gunzipped it (even tried the bunzip version), but when I try to untar the file, I get "tar: directory
checksum error"...

The 10k guy says that he can use this user config in his Steel Belted Radius server (actually kinda funny, he's a 10k guy using Juniper software)...
Am I just using the wrong syntax that SBR fixes automagically?

Any ideas?

TIA,

Alex