Compilinh in Ubuntu Hardy and where can i add an realm?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Sep 21 08:36:37 CEST 2008

jose caceres wrote:
> I searched arround i don't know where can i add that suffix:
> this is the way i declared the client at the end of clients.conf
>
> client 200.X.X.X {

  Why?  Please read clients.conf.  The format of the "client"
configuration is documented.

> and the user, at the end of users file

  Again, why?  The FAQ and examples show tests being put at the TOP of
the "users" file.  The comments at the top of the "users" file explain
how it's processed... from top to bottom.

> test    Auth-Type == "digest", User-Password = "test"

  And again, why?  The documentation says DO NOT SET AUTH-TYPE.  The FAQ
gives an example using Cleartext-Password, not User-Password.

> [suffix] Looking up realm "200.X.X.X" for User-Name = "test at 200.X.X.X"
> [suffix] No such realm "200.X.X.X"
> ++[suffix] returns noop
> [eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
>
> I searched arround  but couldn't fine where i need to set up the
> suffing, please i know there is something i am missing, so can anybody
> please tellme where can i define the realms.

  proxy.conf.  A simple "grep" of the configuration files would find
lots of references to realms, of which many are documentation in
"proxy.conf".

$ cd raddb
$ grep -i realm *