make certificate with make is only 1 month valid

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Mon Sep 22 21:02:49 CEST 2008

It's not exactly a bug in openSSL. Just weirdness:

openssl req command options:

"-days n

when the -x509 option is being used this specifies the number of days to
certify the certificate for. The default is 30 days."

It looks like default_days setting in ca.cnf is irrelevant.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP