Issue with a new module and radiusd: symbol lookup error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 23 15:18:03 CEST 2008

Luca Adamo wrote:
> I'm also trying to put the source code of that function from sql.c to my
> module.

  I would suggest *not* re-writing the SQL module.

  Instead, look at rlm_sqlippool in git.freeradius.org.  It leverages an
existing SQL module to do additional queries.  It means that you don't
have to duplicate all of the functionality of rlm_sql.  And you don't
have to duplicate all of the MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle/etc drivers, either.

  Plus, rlm_sqlippool.c is a *lot* easier to understand than rlm_sql.