freeRADIUS proxy to RSA Securid

Chris Haskins chhaskins at caci.com
Tue Sep 23 16:19:03 CEST 2008

Hello,

My company has purchased several of the RSA Securid appliances to provide
OTP for our environment. The architecture calls for proxying from a
central freeRADIUS server (on RHEL 5) to the RSA Securid appliances.

I am new to the RADIUS protocol (1 week now), but  I have my freeRADIUS
setup to proxy all requests to the RSA appliance. Using tethereal, I see
the RADIUS (UDP) packets going to the RSA appliance, but I do not receive
a response.

Another Engineering group is responsible for the RSA appliance setup, so I
have very little insight into the workings of the RADIUS server running on
them. My question is do we setup the central freeRADIUS server as a client
on the RSA appliance, and is there instructions out there (possible from
RSA) on how to accomplish this?

Thank you for your time,

Chris