freeRADIUS proxy to RSA Securid

Chris Haskins chhaskins at caci.com
Tue Sep 23 17:31:09 CEST 2008

Hello,

Thank you for the input. Would I setup my freeRADIUS server as a
"UNIX/Linux client", or a "Communication Server", or other?

Thank you,

Chris

Arran Cudbard-Bell <A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk>
Sent by: freeradius-users-bounces+chhaskins=caci.com at lists.freeradius.org
09/23/2008 11:20 AM
Please respond to
FreeRadius users mailing list <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>

cc

Subject
Re: freeRADIUS proxy to RSA Securid

tnt at kalik.net wrote:
> Yes. Your proxy need to be configured as a client on RSA radius server.

And I believe the RADIUS server is disabled on the appliances by
default, at least it was on ours.

Arran
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>

> Dana 23/9/2008, "Chris Haskins" <chhaskins at caci.com> piše:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> My company has purchased several of the RSA Securid appliances to
provide
>> OTP for our environment. The architecture calls for proxying from a
>> central freeRADIUS server (on RHEL 5) to the RSA Securid appliances.
>>
>> I am new to the RADIUS protocol (1 week now), but  I have my freeRADIUS
>> setup to proxy all requests to the RSA appliance. Using tethereal, I
see
>> the RADIUS (UDP) packets going to the RSA appliance, but I do not
receive
>> a response.
>>
>> Another Engineering group is responsible for the RSA appliance setup,
so I
>> have very little insight into the workings of the RADIUS server running
on
>> them. My question is do we setup the central freeRADIUS server as a
client
>> on the RSA appliance, and is there instructions out there (possible
from
>> RSA) on how to accomplish this?
>>
>> Thank you for your time,
>>
>> Chris
>>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk),
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer,
Infrastructure Services (IT Services),
E1-1-08, Engineering 1, University Of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9QT
DDI+FAX: +44 1273 873900 | INT: 3900

-