freeRADIUS proxy to RSA Securid

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 23 19:15:27 CEST 2008

Chris Haskins wrote:
> RSA does supply documentation on how to setup their device, but I do not
> find anything specifically for accepting a freeRADIUS proxy running on
> RHEL5.

  Then I suggest asking them to update their documentation.

> Since this forum supports freeRADIUS, I felt this was an
> appropriate question.

  Questions about "how do I configure X to do Y" usually belong with the
vendor of X.  In this case "how do I configure an RSA server to..." is a
question for the RSA people.

  I'm sorry if you feel this is inadequate for your needs.  Feel free to
call RSA and ask them to fix their documentation so that it more closely
matches your requirements.

  If you want to configure *FreeRADIUS* to send packets to the RSA box,
that question is appropriate here.  Because it involves editing
FreeRADIUS configuration files.

  There are literally dozens of boxes that implement RADIUS servers, and
thousands of devices that implement RADIUS clients.  I hope you will
understand that it is *impossible* for us to answer questions about all
of those devices.  We didn't write the code, we didn't write the
documentation, we can't file bugs for the product, we can't fix the
code, and we can't fix the documentation.  So asking questions here is
largely a waste of time.

  Occasional questions about third-party products are tolerated on this
list.  But the focus is *FreeRADIUS* configuration.