SOLVED: Re: Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 4

sankalpk sankalpk at tulip.net
Wed Apr 1 16:31:57 CEST 2009

Hi Ivan,

This solved my purpose.
Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Regards,
Sankalp

>>I have a setup of Freeradius 1.1.4 running with openldap 2.2.13. The
>>radius server authenticates clients based on Username and Password that
>>clients provide through a web page. This is working fine. Now I want
>>that restricted users in LDAP can be authenticated, but I cannot make a
>>separated OU for those users, since there are other applications being
>>served by this LDAP.
>>
>>Is there a way that I can set an attribute like "radiusAccess" in LDAP,
>>and Radius Server will check from LDAP that if radiusAccess attribute is
>>set to 1 AND Username and Passwords match, then it shoud give the
>>access. For users whose radiusAccess attribute is not set, access should
>>not be given even if Username and Password are correct.
>>

>Yes, attribute is called dialupAccess in ldap. Read ldap.conf to see how
>to set this up.
>
>Ivan Kalik
>Kalik Informatika ISP

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may containconfidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. The recipient acknowledges that Tulip Telecom Limited is unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/overthe contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of Tulip Telecom Limited. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses!
  and defects.