Authorization question

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 7 07:27:13 CEST 2009

Larry Ross wrote:
> In my passwd module I have the following. (made sense to have the group
> name appear as if it came from the authenticator... hence the ~)
>                 format = "~Group-Name:*,User-Name"

  Do NOT re-use the "Group-Name" attribute.  That is already used for
Unix groups.

  There's a reason that the "man" page for rlm_passwd uses another name
for the grouping attribute.

> I attempt to utilize this method I fail (Radius will not start as
> currently I am simply trying to append a Reply message when NOC-Group
> scores a hit.
>        if (%{request:Group-Name} == "NOC") {
>               Reply-Message = 'Noc-Group Match'

  It's failing because that is not the correct syntax for adding
attributes.  See the "update" command that is documented in "man unlang"