Freeradius 2 , TTLS/PAP, multiples questions

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 17 15:34:19 CEST 2009

Jérôme BERTHIER wrote:
> I'm trying to configure Freeradius 2 to implement EAP/TTLS-PAP
> authentication method on my Cisco AP1242. It works but I'd like some
> precisions to get configuration files as small as possible.

  Why?  It's not like there are any CPU / memory / disk issues with
having the files 10K larger than their "optimal" size.

> What is the shortest way to configure it ?

  Have test cases for what you need.  Delete modules until the test
cases fail.  Then, ensure that only those modules are in the configuration.

> First, what's the right way to implement check for Simultaneous-Use ?
> For cisco nas type, Freeradius seems to use snmp check but where should
> I configure SNMP read community in order to make it possible ?

  In the checkrad script.

> Then, during EAP process, is it possible to check if inner identity
> equal outer identity and if not to reject request ?

  Yes.  See "man unlang".  You can check inner/outer attributes.

> Finally, I've got problem with NetworkManager under Fedora 9 (not tested
> on other distribution). If Session resumption / fast reauthentication
> cache  is not enabled, clients can't reassociate and ask for session
> resumption again. Is there a workaround ?

  What does that mean?  "if session resumption isn't enabled, clients
ask for session resumption" ?