questions regarding sql xlat

Uwe Kastens kiste at kiste.org
Sun Apr 19 20:35:47 CEST 2009

Hello list,

I am trying to use some internal database function to calculate the
Session-Timeout.

If I set the value for Session-Timeout to a integer like 123, its
correctly delivered as answer to my request.

If I try to use sql xlat I will get the answer:
Error: rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Unknown value %{sql:SELECT
disctime.time FROM `disctime` WHERE disctime.user = %{User-Name}}   for
attribute Session-Timeout
Sun Apr 19 20:11:03 2009 : Error: rlm_sql (sql): Error getting data from
database

I tried several different things: Use a select statement to query the
integer directly. I ends up in the same error. I am using:

- freeradius: FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.4, for host i486-pc-linux-gnu,
built on Sep  7 2008 at 23:35:34
- Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (lenny)
-  postgresql 8.3.7-0lenny1

BR