performance freeradius with psql (auth only)

Uwe Kastens kiste at kiste.org
Thu Apr 23 09:48:41 CEST 2009

>   What arguments are you using for radperf?  -n doesn't really work.
>
>   -p will send requests as fast as the server can handle them, but no
> faster.  So if oyu're using "-p 10", and only seeing 15 pps, it's
> because the server can handle only 15 pps.

Ok. RTFM is sometimes helpfull. I am using radlcient with -p 10 now from
a remote host:

radclient -s -p10 -f seppel <IP of radius-server>:1812 auth testing123 -q

175sec
	   Total approved auths:  19762
	     Total denied auths:  964
	       Total lost auths:  0

Gives aprox 118 req per sec, system load on radserver < 1

with -p 25
Gives aprox 283 req per sec, system load on radserver > 5

For a virtual host with database and radius on one machine, it should be
ok. I will test some day with a real database server.

BR

Uwe
--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586