eap-peap inner outer identity

Per Hermansson hermansson.per at bredband.net
Fri Apr 24 12:52:54 CEST 2009

> there. look. its not EAP. the server tells you this...and you can clearly
> see this isnt EAP. this is just plain PAP - even worse, its nothing
> to do with your username - this is a very dumb MAC address PAP.
>
> you'd find that if you put
>
> "0016dbd4b7d5" Cleartext-Password := "0016dbd4b7d5"
>
> into your users file this would probably work straight away..but
> do you want PAP - if you want EAP, configure your NAS to
> do EAP  (from the other log entries, looks like this NAS doesnt
> send proper accounting data either)
>
> alan

Thanks for the clarification
As I've said on my first mail I'm using hostapd with freeradius on the
same box.
So maybe I should ask on the hostap mailing-list instead?

Basically I've configured hostapd to use freeradius as the
authentication and accounting server,
so I can't understand what I would have to change to configure it to use
peap instead.

Is the propper way to use hostap for authentication and use freeradius
for accounting?

Per