Adding vendor specefic attributes

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Tue Apr 28 11:02:04 CEST 2009

> Hi
>    Thanks for the response. I am using free RADIUS version 1.1.7.I just
> require MAC authentication alone. Is anything wrong in the 'users' file
>
> NAS will support the VSA in this case.
> Vendor has given the following details
> Network Access Server Vendor- (Code for the specific vendor)
> Vendor Assigned Attribute number-1 (for Input/Uplink)
> 					   2  (for Output/Downlink)
> Attribute format decimal
> Attribute value-(Desired Input/Output bandwidth)
>
> How I can configure this attribte?

That info is, erm, less than helpful (to be polite). You should ask them
the *name* of the attribute. It's going to be hard configuring it without
the name.

Who is the vendor? Look into dictionary.vendor_name and see what are the
names of attributes 1 and 2. Then add them as reply items in users file
entry with appropriate values.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP