Wind XP supplicant Domain//Username

Mark Saner msaner at hustlerturf.com
Mon Aug 3 22:44:30 CEST 2009

On 08/03/2009 03:16 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:
> hi,
>
> hoping that their password for their PC account is the same as you have in
> LDAP or AD... hwta you need to do is enable the nt fix stuff in the mschap
> module etc - and then ,when doing auth, use the stripped username, dont use
> the mschap:username etc - this will be a plain user name without the domain
> part.

Passwords are the same. I believe I did set the with_ntdomain_hack as
shown below. How would I go about checking which user name I am using
when doing auth?

Module: Instantiating mschap
  mschap {
    use_mppe = yes
    require_encryption = yes
    require_strong = yes
    with_ntdomain_hack = yes
  }

When I set the with_ntdomain_hack = yes in Preprocess instead of in
mschap I did run into the issue of the username used to authenticate was
different from that used to authorize. I have since turned that off as
suggested by by may people on the mailing list. How do I tell which user
name I am using for auth? (do you mean authorize or authenticate when
you use abbreviate as auth?) Also how do I specify one or the other to
use for auth?

--
Mark Saner
System Administrator