freeradius with cisco vpn client

Esoom Tbor t3h.pwn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:24:28 CEST 2009

Hi List,

I need to replace an old vpn solution with freeradius. The clients
connect to a Cisco NAS, which authenticates them with the old
radius software, which uses LDAP as backend. The clients use Cisco VPN
client. This is the present, and it works.

The future should be: Cisco VPN client, Cisco NAS, freeradius and ldap. The
freeradius server is installed and configured, it can process requests from
command line.

The problem is that the Cisco VPN client uses a group name+password pair.
The username is given to the NAS with the password "cisco", and the
username/password pair should be entered after this.

How is this possible with freeradius? I'm using version 1.1.

Tbor