Freeradius and memory usage

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 5 10:38:38 CEST 2009

Roy Kartadinata wrote:
> Do you need any other information from me to help you with finding the
> leaks?

  Ideally, run it under valgrind, with options where it shows and tracks
memory usage:

$ script leak.txt
$ valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=full radiusd -f
$ exit

  Let it run for a few hours, and then stop it.  It should dump a report
to the screen, which will get captured in "leak.txt".  Then, mail it to me.

  If it doesn't show any leaks, then the issue is that it's tracking too
many things, and not cleaning up.  That's a little harder problem to solve.