Simple username password text file

Paul Blalock paul.blalock at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 17:32:08 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 09:44:55AM -0500, Paul Blalock wrote:
> Is it possible to have a simplistic username and password setup in
freeradius?
> For example.
> user, pass
> user1, pass1
>
> Or is it possible to have the users file point to a file that does this?
>
> If not, is it possible to have this type of format by using mysql?

I think you are looking for modules/passwd. modules/smbpasswd is an example
of how you would use it.

--Scott Lambert KC5MLE Unix SysAdmin
lambert at lambertfam.org

How do I tell radius to use smbpasswd instead of the users file? Also, is
smbpasswd dynamic in that it updates real time when adding or deleting
users?
This is a big concern for me, since I can add and delete multiple people
throughout the day.