RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema not found

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 19:30:34 CEST 2009

On 08/18/2009 12:55 PM, RANDRIAMAMPIONONA José Johnny wrote:
> Hi All,
> I downloaded and installed freeradius-server-2.1.6 but I can-t find the
> radius schema to copy it in ldap directory.

It depends on the ldap server you're using which schema you'll need, it
the src tarball you can find them in:

doc/examples/openldap.schema
doc/examples/iplanet.schema

If you've installed from an rpm the doc directory will be installed under:

/usr/share/doc/freeradius-2.1.6/

Note: there isn't a schema file for "Fedora Directory Server" which is
now called "389 Directory Server" but since iplanet shares the same
lineage the iplanet schema should work, if not it's pretty easy to tweak
the schema file to meet the syntatic needs of the LDAP server you're using.

The last time I looked in detail at Radius LDAP schemas (a couple of
years ago) I seem to recall some minor differences between the schema
files in the distribution and the RADIUS-LDAPv3.schema which has been
floating arount the net, ymmv.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?