Accounting copying to specific systems

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Thu Aug 20 15:34:51 CEST 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Joe Maimon wrote:
>> Certain systems need copies of accounting data, but I only want to send
>> a subset of accounting to the appropriate system. I dont want to change
>>  the way the server updates the sql accounting and local detail files.
>
>   If you need *multiple* copies, then the "detail" write/reader is the
> way to go.
>
>   I would suggest writing one detail log per destination.  Then, when
> the detail file is read, do the filtering *there*.  That ensures that
> the filtering for one destination doesn't affect the filtering for
> another destination.

So I write all accounting coming into the server duplicated into
multiple detail files, one per potential destination.

Then I have a reader which while reading filters only what I want to
send to the destination.

I have multiple readers.

I think I get it, I would use acct_users and Reject what I dont want?

Wouldnt I need a customized "files" to use a different acct_users per
destination?

Is there any way to do this without buffering all accounting to disk and
then filtering all accounting multiple times?