Proxying accounting to create a 'tee'

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Sun Aug 23 19:17:16 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Ivan Kalik<tnt at kalik.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Arran
>> Cudbard-Bell<a.cudbard-bell at sussex.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Or just use whatever functions are available in your scripting
>>> environment.
>>>>
>>> No, the NAS doesn't include any timestamps.
>>
>> Your answer is the complete opposite of Ivan's response :D So which
>> one is correct?
>
> His. Packet timestamp is generated by radius server.

So %S in dialup.conf is packet timestamp, and if I'm reading from
detail file I should make use of the attribute
Packet-Original-Timestamp (or similar) to get the real packet
timestamp?

Thanks for the help. I'm trying to deploy a setup similar to John's,
proxying acct packets only, where proxying failure should not affect
response to the NAS. Decoupled accounting along with getting the
original packet timestamp seems to be the key of getting this right.

--
Fajar