files: How to choose SQL entry for users?

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Mon Aug 24 15:17:21 CEST 2009

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 01:45:11PM +0200, Alan DeKok wrote:
>> George Koulyabin wrote:
>> > I had got success when 'sql_auth' was defined as last entry into
>> instantiate { }. But I think that this
>> > solution is unsecure and wrong.
>>
>>   Why is that?
>
> 	For example, I added new sql-module into sql.conf and forgot to fix order
> of loading of sql-modules
> into instantiate { }.

So you think freeradius is faulty and unsecure because it didn't work the
way you wanted when you didn't configure it properly?

> Variable 'sqlmod-inst' is used by 'sqlcounter'-module, but why isn't such
> variable used into 'files'-module?

sqlcounter will instatiate sql instance it needs before it is
instantiated. Files module will not instatiate all possible sql, ldap,
counter and whatever instances that might field attributes in it. You will
have to add them to instatiate if they are not loaded *before* files
module on server startup. If you list those instances before files in
authorize they should also be instantiated before files on startup.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP