Logging client IP address

Ian Chard ian.chard at ict.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 25 10:23:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm experimenting with using freeradius 2.0.4 to authenticate
administrative access to network equipment.  If I deploy it then I'll
end up with well over a hundred clients, so I'd like to describe the
entire address range in a single 'client' block.

I also want to have a syslogged record of each login attempt, which I
can do, but I can't figure out how to log the client's IP address
without having to specify every client individually in freeradius's
config.  As it is, I just get

Login OK: [username] (from client big-netblock port 0)

Is there a way around this without having to maintain a huge list of
clients?

Thanks
- Ian

Ian Chard, Senior Unix and Network Gorilla | E: ian.chard at sers.ox.ac.uk
Systems and Electronic Resources Service   | T:  80587 / (01865) 280587
Oxford University Library Services         | F:          (01865) 242287