Setting FreeRadius and Ldap. - Getting Educated Now

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Aug 28 17:19:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Now I am facing a dilemma - deciding what WEP protocol to use based on
> my test setup. After reading the 'sites' and 'modules' files it seems
> that "some"  WEP or EAP protocols are weaker than others, some not
> suggested for use.

dont use WEP. ever.

> Router can provide - WEP 40/128 shared key, WEP Personal, WEP Enterprise
> Chiper: TKIP or AES

surely you mean WPA personal and WPA enterprise (TKIP or AES)?

I would say WPA enterprise with AES. its the bext you can get currently
on your kit

> Older Laptop: WEP 40/128 shared key, 802.1 Cisco LEAP or EAP FAST
> --this may be the limiting machine.

the limiting factor here is most likely the software on the system - use
a different tool to control the wireless authentication

alan