User REALMS and PAP rejected when using MySQL based accounts

James Hankins jim at allpointsmediaworks.com
Wed Dec 2 03:04:30 CET 2009

Greetings All:

I am standing up a new radius server for pass through auth.  I'm
struggling with accounts that are mysql based (which I have to use for
the my automated billing system).

Using NTRadPING Test Utility.

I can authenticate using PAP and REALMS if the user is just located in
USERS file

I can authenticate without a REALM and with CHAP when using MySQL

but I CAN'T authenticate using realms or using PAP when using accounts
in MySQL.

in users:

test2  Auth-Type:=Local,User-Password == "password"

(works everytime with all combinations)

radcheck
------------
UsernName      Attribute  op   Value

test3                    User-Password   ==  password

usergroup
---------

UserName      GroupName    Priority
test3                 Dialin                  1

radgroupcheck

id        GroupName          Attribute       op      Value
1          Dialin                     Auth-Type    :=       Local