FreeRADIUS and PostgresSQL

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 15:40:03 CET 2009

On 12/01/2009 06:07 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Ah!  That is good news.  The problem is that I'm working under
>> constraints of a support agreement that will only allow us to install
>> the packages that come with OEL 5.x, so at the moment, 1.1.3 is the only
>> thing I can work with :-(
>
> you can get prebuilt RPMs for your distro - the link has been posted.
>
> I might point out here that whilst you're paying good money for
> support for old software you are getting FREE support from an
> internet mailing list populated by dedicated users/developers
> of the product  :-|

By the way, those pre-built RPM's and some of the support here is being
provided by the people who developed the original distro (RHEL).  A
distro which was subsequently co-opted by others. I support folks using
Oracle Enterprise Linux and CentOS even though it's really RHEL. But
that is part of the beauty of open source, we're a community and try to
help everyone. Nor is it lost on me or anyone else here at Red Hat that
we benefit by the work of FreeRADIUS and all the other open source
projects. We very much believe this is a community with shared
responsibilities that ultimately benefits everyone.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/