MS-CHAP2 Response is incorrect.

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Dec 2 16:57:25 CET 2009

Garcia Herguedas, Unai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I´m having a problem deploying a FreeRadius server to authenticate
> Wireless users with an Active Directory.
>

> If I execute in a shell the ntlm_auth with the same parameters as the
> log pointed I get an NT Key, so don´t really know why it's not
> working. I have tried varius solutions founded in internet without
> success.

Are you sure that the radius daemon user has permissions to run winbind?
Check the permissions on /var/lib/samba/winbindd_privileged and also any
SELinux policy, if you're running an SELinux-enabled distro.

> BTW, The entire log is attached (edited user, challenge.....). If
> needed I can send conf files.

That's not helpful. Please run "radiusd -X" and send the output of a
failing request. Please don't edit it unless you're certain the edits
are for irrelevant security-critical data (the mschap challenge &
response are not dangerous to disclose)