not able to get authenticated by free Radius

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Dec 3 21:19:35 CET 2009

Hi,

> I am not able to get authenticate from the free radius server. PLease fins the logs for the same on my LNS

dont really care about your NAS logs...

> [suffix] Looking up realm "cisco1.com" for User-Name = "tcl1 at cisco1.com"
> [suffix] Found realm "cisco1.com"
> [suffix] Adding Realm = "cisco1.com"
> [suffix] Authentication realm is LOCAL.
> ++[suffix] returns ok
> [eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
> ++[eap] returns noop
> ++[unix] returns notfound
> [files] users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 172
> ++[files] returns ok

okay - so where is the user/password information being stored?  FreeRADIUS
didnt find it anywhere.... if you want to do a basic test, then at least put
this in your users file

tcl1  Cleartext-Password := "PASSWORD"

(where PASSWORD is what you want to use)

though if you havent set the proxy.conf part (which is telling your server
that cisco1.com is LOCAL) to strip, then you may need the full @cisco1.com
in that users file too.....

alan